Come join us to learn about wines from the Terlato Family! Terlato uses sustainable farming methods and all of their vineyards are certified sustainable/green. For more than 70 years, the Terlato family has helped to grow and shape the wine industry in the United States. Through 4 generations, the family’s passion for and commitment to quality is displayed by the remarkable wines that they have brought to the table of the American wine drinker.
Today the family is producing wines of the highest quality from their vineyards and wineries Chimney Rock, Klipsun, Rutherford Hill, Sanford, and Terlato Vineyards. Each of these wineries produces wines following the Terlato Family’s vision and philosophy, which is founded on five quality centric elements:
· Great vineyards, and farming them thoughtfully and sustainably
· Clear vision of the type and style of wines we wish to produce; great wines are produced in the vineyards and should express the distinctive personality of the terroir
· Working alongside talented and creative winemakers who are passionately committed to making great wines and who share the vision of our family
· Making beautiful and balanced wines which are also age-worthy
· Family ownership and involvement
At this tasting we will be featuring 3 of their wineries: Terlato Vineyards, Sanford Winery, and Chimney Rock.
Terlato Vineyards Pinot Grigio 2019, Friuli Colli Orientali, Italy – hand-harvested from estate vineyards, this is an elegant style of Pinot Grigio that is crisp with a fuller mouthfeel.
Sanford Rose of Pinot Noir 2018, Sta Rita Hills, CA – Bright fruit and minerality – French style from California. 91 points Wine Enthusiast
Sanford Chardonnay 2017, Sta Rita Hills, CA – 100% Chardonnay exclusively from our two iconic estate vineyards in the heart of this cool climate appellation. Crisp with a rich texture and clean finish. 92 points Wine Enthusiast, 90 Robert Parker
Sanford Pinot Noir 2017, Sta Rita Hills, CA – 100% Pinot Noir from our two estate vineyards, the historic Sanford & Benedict Vineyard (88%) and LaRinconada (12%). Bright cherry, balanced with a lovely finish. 92 points Wine Enthusiast, 91 Robert Parker
Chimney Rock Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 – This gorgeous Cabernet is rich and savory, full-bodied with polished tannins. 92 James Suckling, 91 Wine Spectator